Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Washington

So, I fly into Seattle, get picked up by the great Gretchen, eat an amazing grilled Salmon and salad dinner with her and boyfriend James, then get hooked up with sweet lodging in Gretchen's alley.

The following night I join the Lockharts and bad uncle Jeff Carrier for some chef Walker chow (thanks for the recipe) and some fun and games with Nintendo Wii. Too bad I couldn't get the 2 dogs or the cat in the photo with Walker, Dana, Jeff and the Lockhart twins.

Next stop...Bellingham,WA. Caught up with the Duluth/B-ham transplant crew for bike rides, disc golf, beer tastings, and bike tuning. These 2 guys really know what they are doing.

Ross and I pedaled the first leg of the trip on Friday, from the border back to Bellingham. A quick, rainy, unloaded ride was a good way to start.

Rode Saturday with Ross from Bellingham to Whidbey Island, also sans gear, and met with Iris, Kirk and Noel for camping, smores, and another grilled salmon special. Sunday was the day to split with the crew, head over to the Olympic Peninsula, and eventually to the coast, which is where I sit now. A few more photos before I hop on the saddle...
Crossing the bridge to Whidbey Island,

First time fully loaded

Ciao for now to Iris and Ross

Although its early in the trip, its been nothing but great so far. Its perfect to be able to see old friends again, in some cases multiple years, and have it seem like we didn't miss a beat. Same to be said for all the friends and family back home, which did really feel like home. I gotta say I feel grateful for all the cool people in my life. Enough of that, its finally warming up with clear skies and a gentle breeze. Vroom...




1 comment:

Eric John Scheidel said...

I'm jealous. Enjoy and travel safe. Reminder, I like t-shirts...
your brother